Podiatry is the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of foot and lower limb disorders, many of which may be caused by general health issues.
Podiatrists are health care professionals who have been trained to prevent, diagnose, treat and rehabilitate abnormal conditions of the feet and lower limbs.
At The Ashdown Clinic all our podiatrists are HCPC registered which means we are trained in comprehensive assessment and diagnostic skills and can help to develop patient care pathways for conditions which impact on people's quality of life such as diabetes, arthritis, gout and psoriasis. We are active in our post graduate training and continue professional development.
We are regarded as being highly dextrous with our scalpel techniques which enable us to provide efficient and generally painless relief of conditions such as hard skin and corns. We are all qualified in the use of local anaesthesia and in minor surgical techniques for recalcitrant ingrowing toenails and specialised verrucae treatments although this is not normally the first treatment option.
Podiatrists frequently work with children and adults with gait abnormalities and provide gait analysis and treatment for with biomechanical problems.
Injuries, whether sports related or any other cause, is another area that podiatrists excel, combining low power laser to speed up healing and improve the quality of the repair, taping for realignment and rest with specific rehabilitation and strengthening exercises.
For those patients unable to come to the clinic for health issues, we can provide home visits.
OUR TREATMENTS INCLUDE:
- Routine maintenance of foot health including corns and calluses, nail cutting
- Structural changes within the foot i.e. bunions, hammer toes
- Undiagnosed foot pain i.e. Mortons neuroma, plantar fasciitis
- Sports related lower limb injuries which can also affect the knee, hip and lower back
- Gait analysis and Orthoses prescription
- Diabetic foot screening
- Wound Care
- Verruca treatments (acids, laser, cryotherapy, needling, Swift microwave)
- Skin infections
- Nail pathology, including Nail RECONSTRUCTION for damaged nails and Nail surgery under local anaesthesia
- Paediatric foot assessments
THE PODIATRY TEAM
Founder of Ashdown Clinic Ltd
MSc (dist) Skin Integrity
Member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists
Sports taping (SCP accreditation)
Low Power Laser (SCP accreditation)
Local Anaesthetics and Prescription only medicine (SCP accreditation)
Treating Complex, non responding or undiagnosed foot conditions, including stubborn verrucae
Walking issues all ages, whether genetic ,paediatric, relating to pain or unsteadiness in the Elderly
Seeing anyone of any age with special needs or communication difficulty
I am a keen badminton player and previously represented my county of Merseyside, my other sporting activities include Golf and Bowling. My first degree is sports science and I have always been interested in physiology and biomechanics of the human body. I have a strong interest in musculoskeletal disorders and sporting injuries of the foot. I am well experienced within both the NHS and private sectors of Podiatry and continue to be active with my own CPD.
I currently provide my services from routine skin and nail care, sports injuries which involve taping and laser and also minor day surgery for in-growing toe nails. I am experienced in working alongside and physiotherapists to ensure patients are treated holistically.
* Podiatric Medicine BSc (University of East London)
* Sports Science BSc (Liverpool Hope University)
* UK Badminton Coaching Part 2 award (Badminton association of England)
* Sports Taping (SCP accredited)
* Omega laser for lower limb pathologies (SCP accredited)
* HCPC registered
* Member of Society of Chiropodist and Podiatrists UK
My treatments provided:
* Sports related lower limb injuries including the knee, hip and lower back
* Gait analysis and Orthoses prescription
* Nail surgery under local anaesthesia
* Diabetic foot screening and wound care
* Verruca treatments
* Skin infections and nail pathology including corns and calluses
* Paediatric foot assessments
Podiatric Surgery and musculoskeletal disorders of the foot.